Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fahrenheit, Fun, & Food

I am happy to report that I am totally enjoying my break. I even stayed strong to not wanting to burn out and turned down a few custom orders. Granted, I felt pretty guilty about it, but I really need this time off. I am also happy to report that I have almost gotten to the point where I am sleeping like a "normal" person. For the past few days my sleep schedule has been from about midnight to 5:30 or 6:00 am. That's the most "normal" sleep I have gotten in three of four years. Yay! More good news: my air conditioner is fixed in the apartment. Up until this past week, I had held strong to just opening the windows and using the fans, despite temperatures being in the low 80's. However, we have officially breached the 90's now, and it's just a little too hot not to have A/C at the peak of the day. The poor cats have been laying around with their tongues practically hanging out of their mouths. Chef has stuck to laying on the linoleum right inside of the front door because it's cooler than the carpet:


(No, it's not an optical illusion. He really is ginormous.)

Brendan and I have been having a nice time together this week. His classes ended on Tuesday, so Monday I went to his school and had lunch with he and his friends, something he had been wanting me to do all year, but it always conflicted with my class schedule. We also went out on a "date." We ate at Eskimo Joe's - a complete Stillwater staple. We then went shopping, and I picked up a new bathing suit since they opened up the pool at our apartment complex this week. I've got to say - it's a lot more revealing than I'm used to, but I tried it on and it made the girls look so hot I just couldn't resist. Hehe.


(Look closely at the right side of this photo, and you can spot some fresh cat nose.)

Yesterday we got up early and headed out to the Farmer's Market. It was *great*, and everything was pretty much the same price or cheaper than the grocery store. Brendan is crazy about fresh vegetables, so he loaded up. They're already about half gone already, hehe. We also bought homemade honey wheat bread handmade with organic flour and local honey. It's some of the best bread I've ever had in my life. All in all, we spent less than $15, got great food, and supported hard-working Oklahomans. I think the Farmer's Market is going to become a staple in our weekly routine.


1 comment:

Oh Mandie said...

Nooooo! I can't be the only insomniac!!!

Some Inspiration