Friday, April 11, 2008

Musician Inspired Jewelry

I decided to try something a little different for the store - Musician Inspired Jewelry. Each piece is inspired by a beloved musician or band. I started working on these new pieces while I was sick and didn't have the strength to sit up at my sewing machine for long periods of time. Jewelry is great that way - I can sit in my giant old recliner and work on it, even if I'm tired or not feeling great.

Goals for the Musician Inspired Jewelry line at Banana Pants Clothes:
  • Offer affordable jewelry to those who live on a budget but still want something beautiful. I try to keep my prices low but still incorporate beautiful things into each piece - such as real jasper, amethyst, or jade.
  • Express my appreciation for the beautiful music that inspires me to create.
  • Help my customers incorporate functional art into every aspect of their lives - clothing, gift giving, jewelry.... I still have so many more ideas that I hope to explore in the coming months as well!

2 comments:

Oh Mandie said...

thats great! I have a pair of earrings in my etsy jewelry shop called Purple Haze too!

I HAVE to make something Led Zeppelin themed very very soon... or better yet, you do it!

Lesley of Banana Pants Clothes said...

Thanks!

I don't think I've seen your Purple Haze earrings yet. Or maybe I have and forgot and subconsciously made a Purple Haze pair because I saw yours and thought they were cool.. Sorry to be such a (unknowing) copy-cat. Haha. I really need to stop corresponding so late at night. I'm not making sense to anyone but me, I'm pretty sure. :)


Led Zeppelin is on my to-do list!
"Tangerine" anyone? :)

Some Inspiration