Saturday, April 5, 2008

Miss Jade and Sunflower Fields

I have been sick this week, so unfortunately, little has gotten done. I've been working on a custom skirt as well as a custom top that need to be done and mailed out by Monday and Tuesday, respectively.


Since I've been feeling so funky (in a bad way), only one new item got listed this week in the store. A necklace I call Sunflower Fields. I was working on it when I was up late one night, unable to sleep (which is like most nights). Having tons of creative energy is a blessing and a curse at the same time!

I think I'm going to start making a lot more jewelry. Not really as a money-maker, but more of an up-all-night craft. Sewing is not a great outlet for creative energy late at night for several reasons:
1) My serger sounds like a freight train, and I don't want to wake up my hard-working man at 3:00 in the morning
2) I sewed through my finger once when I was sewing late at night. (Here's a tip, kids - never sew when you haven't had enough sleep! It's dangerous!)
3) The later the hour, the more crooked my seams get.








This weekend I am going to try to take a lesson from my cat, Miss Jade. She is probably the most uptight and skiddish cat in the world, but even SHE knows how to relax when she really needs it!

1 comment:

Oh Mandie said...

I love making jewelry! something about it is relaxing, especially in the middle of the night!

Some Inspiration