Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Completely Awesome Etsy Purchase: Custom Journal from This Old Hen House


A few weeks ago, I contacted Miss Amanda from ThisOldHenHouse about making a custom notebook for me. Of course, being the picky person that I am, I had about a million requests when I was asking for a custom notebook. I wanted something earthy, but not cartoony and paper that was heavy enough for sketching but not too heavy. Well, lo and behold, Miss Amanda let me choose from a bunch of different paper choices for the cover of my journal and enclosed just-the-right-weight of paper between the covers. A super affordable Paypal bill and a few days later, I got my journal in the mail.


I have been using it like a madman since and carrying it with me every day to class. (Please excuse the odd usage of phrases like "madman" - I've been reading Catcher in the Rye for about the 10th time.) I am a compulsive list-maker, and it's so nice to not be constantly losing them from writing them on random little bits of paper.

I am constantly getting ideas for new projects, ways to improve my shop, improving costs and shipping for customers, etc. Now that I have my handy-dandy little book, I am finally keeping them all in one place.





I also purchased a set of the little matchbook notepads that she makes. They make such cute and unique promotional freebies to throw in with my sales.


So, my friends, I encourage you all to go check out Amanda's papercrafts shop, and her awesome jewelry shop! You won't be sorry. :)

1 comment:

Oh Mandie said...

awww girl you are so awesome! And I'm so so so glad that you love all of your stuff! It was a pleasure to make it for you!

I love custom orders more than anything, creating something specifically for someone is just an amazing feeling, and I'm so happy that I got to share that with you!! :-)

Some Inspiration