Sunday, March 30, 2008

Procrastination Station





I am quite possibly the most procrastinating person on the planet. I think I get it from my parents. Granted, I can't blame them, because I am an adult and responsible for changing my own bad habits. But, I'm pretty positive that's where it came from. :P

I have a 7 minute speech to give tomorrow about legal uses of marijuana; I haven't even started writing it. Yes, it's nearly 6:00 PM, and I haven't started writing the 7-minute speech that I have to give at noon tomorrow. I give myself credit for getting to the public library on time and getting 2 of my 3 sources. I want to focus on medicinal uses and practical uses through hemp, but couldn't find any information about hemp at the public library. In a town of 40,000 people (which is pretty large by mid-west standards), you'd think I could find one measly reference to hemp in the public library. Oh well. Stillwater is not the most progressive of towns, and resources like hemp isn't really part of the culture. I dig that. I'm just frustrated at myself.

So, it brings me to the point that when I get nervous about things (like 7-minute speeches that count as my final grade for the class), I procrastinate. How do I procrastinate? By answering emails about the store, blogging (ahem), and most of all, CRAFTING. What was I doing at midnight last night when I should have been finding web resources for my speech? Sewing. What was I doing 10 minutes ago when I should have been writing my speech? Organizing crafty materials. What have I been doing for the past THREE weeks that I've had to work on this speech? Crafting.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a crafty procrastinator. Do any of you procrastinate doing things around the house, for your "real" jobs, or for school by creating your art? I know I can't be the only one. At least humor me and tell me I'm not the only one so I can feel better. :)

No comments:

Some Inspiration